Monday 18 June 2012

Travel Review By: Erin Gardner

Pinned Image
Map of Mackinac Island and The Grand Hotel ( Pictured above)

                                                      Travel Review- Final Copy


Can you imagine being on a peaceful island, with no cars? To get around the island you are pulled by horse drawn carriage. The water is a clear crystal blue. This is Mackinac Island. The main attraction on the island is the Grand Hotel (pictured above). The hotel was built in 1886 and has been a popular vacation spot ever since. The Grand Hotel boasts a large porch and beautiful flower gardens. Vibrant geraniums, roses and peonies fill the gardens with a mystical aroma that takes you away. No room is the same at the Grand Hotel. Each time you go is a new discovery. When I went to Mackinac Island, I actually stayed in Mackinaw City, which is a short ferry ride away from the Island. If I were to go again I would stay on the Island. I feel like it would just be a better experience, you would wake up and be in this gorgeous place. There is plenty to do on the Island and in the City. For instance my family and I rode bikes that we rented all around the island, stopping at different points of interest, like arch rock. In the afternoon my mother and I rode horses along a trail. It is such a peaceful place to go. In the city there is tons of shops and restaurants and entertainment, most hotels had a beach attached so you could go swimming in the water.



                                           Draft- Travel Review


               Can you imagine being on a peaceful island, with no cars. To get around the island you are pulled by horse drawn carriage. The water is a clear crystal blue. This is Mackinac Island. The main attraction on the island is the Grand Hotel ( pictured above). The hotel was built in 1886 and has been a popular vacation spot ever since. The Grand Hotel boasts a large porch and beautiful flower gardens. Vibrant geraniums, roses and peonies fill the gardens with a mystical aroma that takes you away. No room is the same at the Grand Hotel. Each time you go is a new discovery.


                                                         Refection


                I chose to do this piece of non-fiction because I felt that I could have done a way better job of it. When I first did it I didn’t really understand what a travel review should be like but after looking at my peers work I realized that I could have made my work way better. It frustrates me when I do a piece and afterwards I figure out that I could have done more detail and improvements. So while doing this I had the chance to fix up my old work. I added in my experiences on my trip, because how is anyone supposed to get something from your review, if you aren’t actually reviewing what you did etc. A travel review is supposed to help others decide if they would want to go to that place or find out what the place is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment